Here are some ways you can help out:
- Be supportive of your child's school experience. Get to school on time and prepared, help with homework, be supportive of class projects, field trips and events.
- Get to know other parents from your children's classes. We're going to be together for the next 6 years or more so let's be friends :)
- Get fingerprinted so you will be able to volunteer for field trips and in class.
- Join the PTA! Attend meetings if possible and share your ideas with the board. Anyone can be a member of the PTA including teachers, grandparents, older siblings, aunts and uncles, and family friends.
- Come to school events like the carnival, talent show, field trips, class presentations, etc.
- Support fundraising campaigns or make a direct donation to the PTA or school. All donations are tax deductible. Contact the PTA for details or to receive a donation letter. buriburipta(at)gmail.com
- Volunteer to be a Room Rep. Room Reps work with the teacher to share information about specific class events and needs with parents.
- Volunteer at a PTA event: we always need help with our events. You can sell food at a movie night or run a carnival booth. Hand out programs at the talent show or design handouts for events. We never turn down a volunteer offer so if you have time, we have a job!
- Volunteer for a position on the PTA Board. There are lots of jobs that take a little time or a lot of time. All are welcome to be part of the board. Check here for job descriptions.
comments buriburipta(at)gmail.com. Thanks!